RUN THE JEWELS RELEASE RTJ CU4TRO, A REIMAGINING OF RTJ4 FEATURING AN ALL-LATIN LINEUP, OUT NOW ON JEWEL RUNNERS / BMG
RUN THE JEWELS SET TO PERFORM AT MEXICO CITY’S CORONA CAPITAL FESTIVAL ON NOVEMBER 18
Design by Edoardo Chavarin
Celebrated American rap duo Run the Jewels (aka Brooklyn’s EL-P & Atlanta’s Killer Mike) have just released RTJ CU4TRO via Jewel Runners / BMG. RTJ CU4TRO is a full reimagining of their 2020 hit album RTJ4 through the prism of collaboration with artists, rappers, producers, singers, musicians & visual artists from across Latin America. Using the original RTJ4 masters & stems as both foundation & inspiration, each song was paired with specific collaborators via the guidance & vision of EL-P (who also contributes new production to the album) and longtime RTJ ally Nick Hook (RTJ, 21 Savage, Young Thug, Fool’s Gold) who helped to curate & co-executive produce the project, pulling from his deep relationships across LATAM and spending almost two years traveling across the region to help bring this vision to fruition.
The support & enthusiasm of CU4TRO’s collaborators for the project underscores the special quality of the album plus the effort put into creating it. Rapper Akapellah, who was recently nominated for a Latin Grammy says “It’s a pleasure for me to be part of such an amazing body of work. CU4TRO will lead to a huge change in the way we connect. We made great music from the bottom of our hearts for the world, and by combining different sounds & views, we hope it will eventually lead to a revolution & revelation within all of our cultures.”
Next week Run the Jewels will perform at Mexico’s largest music festival, Corona Capital, on November 18th, and will launch two new limited edition versions of CU4TRO craft beer on November 11th, joining the recent release of a mezcal-infused IPA brewed in collaboration with Mexico’s Cerveza Minerva. RTJ teamed up with NYC-based Interboro Spirits & Ales on a double dry hopped double IPA, and with Arundel Brewing in the UK on a hazy double IPA. The Interboro collaboration is available in the US via RTJ’s own beverage delivery service BaRTJ.club, and the Ardundel beer can be purchased online in the UK via BaRTJ UK. In addition, RTJ will be releasing whole bean and canned gourmet CU4TRO coffee with Chicago-based roaster Dark Matter Coffee, available via BaRTJ.club & darkmattercoffee.com.
True to form, Run the Jewels added a charitable component to this campaign, raising $116,000 to help reunite and repair families who’ve been separated and traumatized at the US/Mexican border. They launched a contest with sweepstakes platform Omaze offering one lucky winner a chance to win their signature ride, a 1985 Buick Grand National, and the donation will be administered by the ACLU . The band are also releasing an exclusive merchandise item with 100% of profits going to help support women’s shelters in Mexico.
Purchase / stream RTJ CU4TRO
RTJ QU4TRO TRACK LIST
1. yankee y el valiente – (TROOKO’s versión)
2. ooh la la ft. Santa Fe Klan – (Mexican Institute of Sound’s versión)
3. fuera de vista ft. Baco Exu Do Blues – (TROOKO’s versión)
4. santa calamifuck (Eva, Chucho, Yulian x Nick Hook’s versión)
5. goonies contra E.T. ft. Sarah La Morena & El Individuo (Danny Brasco x Nick Hook’s versión)
6. caminando en la nieve ft. Akapellah, Apache & Pawmps – (Orestes Gomez x Nick Hook’s versión)
7. JU$T ft. Pharrell Williams & Zack de la Rocha – (Toy Selectah’s versión)
8. nunca mirar hacia atrás – (Bomba Estéreo’s versión)
9. el suelo debajo – (Son Rompe Pera’s versión)
10. tirando el detonador ft. Lido Pimienta, Javier Arce, Iggor Cavalera – (Mas Aya x Nick Hook’s versión)
11. unas palabras para el pelotón de fusilamiento (Radiación) – (Adrián Terrazas-González x El-Producto’s versión)
Run The Jewels photo by Jonathan Mannion (high res download here)
Nick Hook and Akapella
FOLLOW RUN THE JEWELS