With practically everyone celebrating the 50th anniversary of the culture called hip-hop, another entity will do so by featuring one of the rappers that some considered the greatest.
Karli Bainbridge, VP of Marketing for Brooklyn Brewery says: “We are thrilled to bring this collaboration together in celebration of fifty years of hip-hop. We are also excited to team up with notable music journal Wax Poetics, along with Brooklyn-based establishments Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Arts, and leading arts and media institution BRIC for a series of events that pay homage to Biggie’s extraordinary cultural impact.”
Brooklyn Lager is also celebrating its 35th year in existence but will feature an iconic image of The Notorious B.I.G. The artwork for the limited edition will be displayed on all packaging and sizes, starting this month. There will be a special capsule collection of limited edition apparel and accessories available for purchase on August 4th, online and in the Brooklyn Brewery Tasting Room. The collection is available to preview now via https://store.brooklynbrewery.com/notoriousbig.
For those who are in the New York City area or plan to be, there are scheduled events taking place between August and September. Brooklyn recording artist, Masta Ace, and music producer Easy Mo Bee will be on hand at selected events.
Free admission when guests RSVP in advance of each event at WaxPoetics.com/BIG and entry will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Brooklyn Brewery will be giving away beers and surprise giveaways at each event as well.
- Thursday, August 17th – In Conversation & DJ Set with Easy Mo Bee at Brooklyn Brewery’s Williamsburg Tasting Room
- Renowned producer Easy Mo Bee will join Wax Poetics Magazine’s Editor-At-Large Andrew “Monk-One” Mason to reflect on the early ’90s New York City milieu that gave birth to this musical phenomenon. Mo Bee will also break down some of his classic beats that powered Biggie’s legendary Ready To Die album and other unforgettable songs of the era. Following the talk, Mo Bee switches to DJ mode for a dance party, joined on the decks by Monk-One and more.
- Thursday, August 31st – B.I.G.: Lineage of a Legend Photography Exhibition Launch Party at the Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Arts (MoCADA)
- The Notorious B.I.G. has burned an indelible image, built of many personas into the minds of millions across the world. Whether it’s due to the infectious chatting of the West Indian rudeboy, the effortless lyricism of the Brooklyn native, or the vivid nature of his storytelling, one could argue that Christopher Wallace has one of the deepest and most cherished legacies in rap’s history. MoCADA in Brooklyn will host a photo exhibition exploring Biggie’s personas and their wider influence on hip-hop.
- Thursday, September 14th – Masta Ace with Marco Polo + MIKE Closing Series Party at BRIC
- The series concludes with a finale celebrating Brooklyn hip-hop in its fullest spectrum, old school to new, with a concert at BRIC in Brooklyn. Curated by Wax Poetics, the line-up is headlined by storytelling golden era MC Masta Ace and rising star MIKE who continues to shine the torch for quality homegrown hip-hop.
For more detailed info on the Notorious B.I.G. x Brooklyn Lager Limited Edition, please visit: https://brooklynbrewery.com/notoriousbig.